If you have need for accommodation and would like to have access to disability related auxiliary aids or services, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 110 S. Ash, Nevada, MO 64772; phone, 417-448-2700; fax, 417-448-2707; or email Hacrews@nevadamo.orgUH. Twenty-four hours notice is requested.
Public notice is hereby given that a Regular Session of the Nevada City Council will be held on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 120 S. Ash, Nevada, Missouri.
This Agenda may be modified with the express or implied consent of the City Council during the meeting.
CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Invocation – Robert Chastain
4. Roll Call
6. Approval of Minutes
7. Appointments to Boards and Commissions
8. Consideration of Bids
9. Public Participation From Those Registered with the City Clerk
10. Communications and Petitions
11. Old Business
a. Second Reading of Bill No.2012-024 Authorizing the Execution of an Agreement with Joplin Industrial Electric for the Installation of Two Emergency Backup Generators.
b. Second Reading of Bill No. 2012-025 Amending the Zoning District Map at the Property Described as the South 106.1 Feet of Block 1, All of Block 6, 7, 12 and the South 97 Feet of Indiana Lying West of Block 12 in Morris Place Addition by Changing the Zoning From R-1 Single Family Dwelling District to M-1 Light Industrial.
c. Second Reading of Bill No. 2012-026 Approving an Agreement Between the City of Nevada, Missouri and the Vernon County Commission for the Transfer of Equipment Associated with the City/County Recycling Center
d. Second Reading of Bill No. 2012-027 A General Ordinance Amending Chapter 2 of the Municipal Code.
12. New Business
a. Consideration of Bill No. 2012-028 Authorizing the Execution of an Agreement with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and with Allgeier, Martin and Associates for Engineering Services for a Study of the Municipal Water System.
b. Consideration of Bill No. 2012-029 Authorizing the Execution of an Agreement with APAC-Missouri, Inc. of Springfield, Missouri for the 2012 Sales Tax Street Improvements.
c. Consideration of Resolution No. 1339 Authorizing the Execution of a Missouri Highway Safety Program City Council Authorization Form for Possible Funding Assistance for Traffic Enforcement.
d. Consideration of Resolution No. 1340 Authorizing a Waiver from the Provisions of Section 23-26, Discharge of a Firearms and Section 2-23, Closing Hours of the Parks of the City of Nevada, Missouri in Conjunction with the Missouri Osage Territory Muzzleloaders Black Powder Competition to be Held September 6, 7, 8, and 9, 2012 at Marmaduke Park.
a. Monthly Department Reports
b. Boards and Commissions Written Minutes/Reports
i. Library Minutes – March 22, 2012
c. Mayor’s Report
d. City Manager’s Report
14. Miscellaneous Matters
15. Executive Session
a. The Mayor Requests an Executive Session for Reasons in Accordance with Section 610.021 RSMo., Subparagraph (3) Hiring, Firing, Disciplining or Promoting of Particular Employees by a Public Governmental Body.
(3) Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees by a public governmental body when personal information about the employee is discussed or recorded. However, any vote on a final decision, when taken by a public governmental body, to hire, fire, promote or discipline an employee of a public governmental body shall be made available with a record of how each member voted to the public within seventy-two hours of the close of the meeting where such action occurs; provided, however, that any employee so affected shall be entitled to prompt notice of such decision during the seventy-two hour period before such decision is made available to the public. As used in this subdivision, the term “personal information” means information relating to the performance or merit of individual employees.